It has been said that fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. Fear is a strong emotion…. meant to keep us safe from harm. This article is not about fear in a situation of danger; but rather the fear that stems from a pre-determined belief that you can’t be, do, or have something that you want… a fear that holds you back from living a life of fulfillment and joy.
“If you think you can, or if you think you can’t, you’re right”
When you really desire something, but are too fearful to attempt it, it’s usually a good time to explore and clarify your thoughts and feelings, and challenge them. What are your beliefs and assumptions? What are you telling yourself… your habitual self dialogue? What excuses or procrastination might you be using to cover up your fear?
• Are you afraid you will fail?
• Are you afraid of what others will think or say about you… or of their disapproval?
• Are you afraid your reality will not live up to your visions, and the possible feelings of disappointment or hopelessness that may ensue?
• Are you afraid of letting go of something safe (but mundane) for the uncertainty of the unknown?
• Are you afraid that if you attempt it, it will not give you what you really hope for after all?
• Are you afraid of making the wrong decision?
• Are you afraid of looking or feeling foolish, or like a beginner?
• Are your desires opposed to someone close to you… and you are afraid to voice them… or even to admit them to yourself… or of disappointing another?
• Are you afraid that you don’t have what it takes; or that you’re too old or that your opportunities have passed you by?
These fears are universal. We all feel them from time to time. We lose so much of the richness and beauty of life if we do not face them and muster the courage to go for our dreams and desires. All emotions are based in either LOVE or FEAR. When we are aware of this, we can easily discern what the underlying current of our emotions are and choose thoughts that empower us and support our happiness and well being.
“Fear Creates Distraction… Love Creates Presence”
What is your heart’s desire… your dream for your life?
What is holding you back?
Cultivate the courage to move past fear and self doubt. You have the power to change your thoughts (and therefore your feelings). Make a decision to have your desire and then align with that decision with every choice you make and every thought you think. When you shine a light on your fears, they start to diminish. When you get deeply in touch with your dream for your life and the joy it will bring… the energy of that expands and creates movement. When you have a love and passion for something, or a purpose dear to your heart, the way becomes clear to achieve it. Doors open, the path reveals itself, support and information shows up! You feel inspired!
What is the journey you want to take? What path will bring you joy, fulfillment, and freedom? What aspect of yourself is wanting expression? What touches your heart and speaks to your soul? You will see me write a lot about heart and soul. It may sound cliché, but tuning into your true feelings and your deepest desires, admitting them, valuing them and honoring them… is vital to living a happy life.
Claim your dreams! It’s your time!